No PFL on Faders 3 and 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No PFL on Faders 3 and 4

I am using version 2.36. I have my first two Analog Inputs routed to Faders 1 and 2, and sending AES 1 and 2 into Faders 3 and 4 respectively. I can audition the PFL for 1 and 2 with the PFL button. But if I press the PFL button for 3 or 4 I have no signal. I have created a Headphone setting for PFL 3 and PFL 4 as a work around.
    Note: I had the same problem 2.34. Possible hardware problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

No one else is experiencing this issue?

Comment

PFL should follow the fader assign.
      I don't believe that would be a hardware issue - most likely something in your setting.

Comment

Thanks, Jack- I will go through it again this weekend and document as I go. If my settings are okay and the problem persists, I'll write again. Still using the HP workaround for now.

Comment

Okay-still no PFL when pressing the PFL button for Faders 3 and 4. I am in v2.36. I was sending my AES inputs to Faders 3 and 4.
          I reformatted the MAX back to a version where PFL's all worked, v2.13. I used the Factory Default. I chose just analog Inputs 1 and 2.
          Input 1 assigned to Fader 1 - PFL worked
          Input 2 assigned to Fader 2- No PFL
          Input 2 assigned to Fader 3 - No PFL
          Input 2 assigned to Fader 4 - No PFL

I then changed the Max operating system back to v2.36 and selected the Default Setting from Memory Recall.
          Input 1 assigned to Fader 1 - PFL worked
          Input 2 assigned to Fader 2- PFL worked
          Input 2 assigned to Fader 3 - No PFL
          Input 2 assigned to Fader 4 - No PFL

Here's even stranger behavior. Since Input 2 was not getting a PFL read when assigned to 3 or 4, I removed Input 2 from the Matrix and only have Input 1 assigned to Fader 2/
          I can still hear the mic in Input 2 in my Right Ear. (Input 2 is assigned to Right Out and in the Default Settings, HP1 listens to the Outs. I bussed 1 to L and 2 to R.)

And now with Input 1 Assigned to Fader 2--No PFL

PFL does record to Cards and can be monitored from the cards.

Any suggestions?
          Andrew

Comment

I think PFL is only for analog inputs, isn't it?

Comment

Thanks, Cos, but no, PFL is PFL, analog or digital. And my problem happens with either analog or digital.

Comment

Hi Agarrison,

I experience the same problem, but in my case, I could simplify saying :
                The PFL function does not follow the fader assignment, I can only access PFL for analog inputs 1 to 4 in this precise order. Button 1 gives PFL for input 1, button 2 for input 2, and so on.

I am running 2.36, have done a "factory reset" and a "clear faders" before those tests.

Comment

I'm having the same issue as not getting AES PFL on PFL 3 and 4. Analog is fine on PFL 1-4.

Gabe

Comment

Thanks, breezanil and Gabe for the confirmation. Maybe Howie will see this and have an answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X