V-fader Bug and suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-fader Bug and suggestions

I am having a hard time getting the virtual faders to actually work properly/consistently. I end up having to "clear faders" and then re-assign my faders often. This gets the V-Faders working, but after a power cycle I have to do it all over again, every time. I am using AES inputs 1-3 on faders 1-3 and boom (Analog 1) on fader 4. I want to use the virtual fader 4 to mix in my 4th talent wireless (on AES 4). Every time I power back on, the 4th channel signal goes fully pre-fader to the output it is bussed to and the virtual faders have no effect on the signals. The only thing that works is clearing all faders and re-assigning each and every time. I am running firmware v1.12

Also, (not so much a bug, but a suggestion) I'd love to see a menu/matrix for them similar to the Nomad's external fader assigns. I only really intend to use one virtual fader, and in my case, it is virtual fader 4. Instead of having to scroll through 1-3 to find it (and often skip past it), I'd love to just be able to route AES 4 to the first virtual fader and ignore the others. Others may want to route just analog 5, or analog 3, 4, and AES 1 to the first 3 v-faders, for example. Giving those options and flexibility would be great. (This would be great on the nomad too!)

Lastly, the feel of the virtual fader is painful to operate. The menu knob should be much more sensitive to the turn. Currently, the menu knob has to be turned 3 times to go from 0 to unity (which is oddly almost at the top of the fader range, it should be middle). It would be great if the menu knob/virtual fader behaved more like the other faders.

I agree with all of this and hope it's fixed up soon. Maxx could be a great 5-6 channel mixer.

Comment

Yes I already mentioned long time ago that AES 3&4(when they are not assign to real faders) are always PRE Virtual faders and directly go in the outbus Bus...
      AES 1&2 don't have this bug.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicprod View Post
        Yes I already mentioned long time ago that AES 3&4(when they are not assign to real faders) are always PRE Virtual faders and directly go in the outbus Bus...
        AES 1&2 don't have this bug.
        Still having this issue. Is it going to be solved or should I always deal with that inputs PRE-FADER?
        It could be great if we can have them working as they should.
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vale View Post

Still having this issue. Is it going to be solved or should I always deal with that inputs PRE-FADER?
          It could be great if we can have them working as they should.
          Thanks.
          Do you have the last firmware? If yes, it's a shame if this old bug is not resolved yet...

Comment

Working...
          X