Update QRX100 software from Maxx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update QRX100 software from Maxx?

I transmit from my Maxx to my QRS100 as a camera hop. How can I update the QRX versions from the Maxx?

You can download the latest firmware for QRX100 here: http://zaxcom.com/products/qrx100/#product_support

How to install the firmware on QRX100 read pages 31 and after in manual.

Comment

Hi, Vasileios- I understand about upgrading the QRX from a TRX900AA, which I have done on my other unit. But this QRX100 is a different Block from my transmitters--I use it as a camera hop from my Maxx. So what I don't know how to do, and cannot find instructions for, is upgrade it from the Maxx. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. --Andrew

Comment

Its ok, it doesnt matter what block they are on. File transfer is accomplished by going through zaxnet ifb. You can only upgrade software with an ifb tx for example the trx900, or a zaxcom ifb unit. No way to upgrade from maxx or nomad.
        Last edited by Marc; 11-22-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Ah, of course it is Zaxnet! Thanks, Marc and Vasileios.

Comment

Marc, I believe only the QIFB option software is updated through Zaxnet. The QRX firmware is transmitted and updated via UHF from a transmitter. I don't know, but I don't think it's possible to transmit the software with a MAXX.

Comment

How do you flash a QIFB bin to a QRX that has non QIFB firmware on it? It has the IFB option installed, but there is no way to adjust IFB TX/RX and channel settings.

So confused how that is not more common?

Comment

If it is not receiving zaxnet there is no way to send it software.

Comment

Working...
                X