Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• return inputs 5/6 10db boost fix..

hello
    after what howy mentioned about the return inputs ideally having a 10db boost prior to input to make up the 10db loss in the circuit, i made up in a small screening can with this transformer
    http://www.sowter.co.uk/specs/4383.htm
    it has a 10 bost and when in circuit the return input level when set to 0 ( before it was 11) now matches line input level when it is set to 0, the signal to noise is almost a pefect match ie no hiss on ch5/6 and when pushing the input to full scale there is no clipping etc on ch5/6 only thing missing is no limiter on 5/6 ( my lectro tx limiter will kick in before full scale) and no extra HPFon 5/6..but it definetly is a great improvement, thought i would mention it for anyone struggling with level into ch5/6..
    richard

Great, could you put some pictures of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicprod View Post
      Great, could you put some pictures of yours?
      I too would like to see - i have a similar problem with my camera link return audio never being hot enough even with qrx235's ifb input level boosted all the way. Ken

Comment

R.Paterson, I too am interested in reading and seeing more regarding the device you built for inputting audio to 5/6 on the MAXX. Could you please post the schematic you used if that is something you are willing to share? I assume you have some sort of opamp or transistor in the circuit to get your +10dB boost. No hiss is a great thing. I have been trying to come up with a good solution for inputting to 5/6, including building something for the task. I am eager to learn more about what you came up with. Thank you!

Comment

The O.P. stated what he used, a step-up transformer. He shared a link to it.

A caveat is to make sure that the connected device is okay feeding a 600 ohm load.

Comment

Working...
          X