No announcement yet.

Maxx software update request please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help thinking that inputs 5 & 6 were a marketing response to the introduction of the 633, and there appears little appetite in making them genuine practical additions to the 4 channels. Useful in an emergency or for non-essential work, but if you want more channels then Zaxcom would prefer you look at their other offerings, that is if the various tiers of the Nomad make any sense to you.

Comment

Zaxcom is listening - some things just take a bit longer to implement.

Comment

The returns on the MAXX were designed to have an extra 10dB of headroom so they would not clip easily since there is no analog gain control on the returns. So they need 10dB (or is it 12dB) extra gain when compared to the normal inputs. Note the gain is digital gain so if you want to maximize the performance of the return inputs you may want to find a way to pump up the volume by 10dB before it goes into the MAXX.

I have been working on a number of little bugs here and there on various products so I have not been able to add any new features for a while.
        -howy

Comment

So if you add 10db gain aren't you in danger of clipping? Is it possible to put limiters on these inputs? There was talk of having a channel strip like the other 4 inputs.

Comment

what about VOTING on forums?

Comment

A channel strip for inputs 5/6 would be a real help.

Comment

Working...
              X