Maxx software update request please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxx software update request please

Howy #1: Can we get more relative information on the front screen? Can the file segment name that toggles back and forth on the front screen be changed to SCENE and TAKE NUMBER? So we know what We are recording instead of going into the menu to check what scene and take number we are on. #2: Can the folder name be longer? It's at 6 characters now can't even put the name of my client in there. #3: Can we have presets for scene names, would save us a lot of time. I posted about these issues in May and nothing has been done about it. Thanks for looking into this, these changes would really make the workflow a lot smoother and faster. DT

Yes please, all of the above. Not having scene-take info on the homescreen is a major oversight in my opinion.

Comment

Ch5 and ch6 fix please....pretty please...richard

Comment

Yes please to all of these, we've been waiting so patiently for a while now

Comment

And to second the thought---is anything being done about this stuff? Is anyone looking into it all? It seems like this should all be software fixes. Version 2.08, please?

Comment

They've got bigger fish to fry..

Comment

All software suggestions are looked at and prioritized.
              Bug fixes gets immediate attention.
              Then new features or additional functionality are sub devided by what percentage of the users would benefit from the feature. If it is a high percentage it moves to the top of the list - if it is a low percentage then it moves bottom. Then whats at the bottom of the list gets sub divided yet again by how long it would take to implemented if it will take a long time to code it moves even further down the list.

Comment

We Nomad users are still waiting for Scene/Take info on the the home screen too since almost day 1, but seems like the feature gets pushed down to the bottom everytime. But then suddenly we have features implemented very quickly just because a few users have asked for it (Zaxnet TC out)

Comment

Mm i still think ch5 and 6 working properly is a priority...my maxx is away agian to the factory to have ch5 and 6 checked gain wise and the virtual fader should have the option of just 5 and 6 and not scroll thru all options...apart from 5 and 6 issue i have maxx working fine for me a scene preset would be a big bonus..richard

Comment

Wow, Jack that is a bizarrely mathematical way which doesn't seem open to any actual proof - how many users will benefit from e.g. the proper, as promised, implementation of inputs 5 and 6 - how do you measure that? IMHO every single person will benefit, but maybe you have a strange metric which counts how many people complain about it. Just hire some more programmers instead of putting it all on one overworked (brilliant) individual, then the time taken factor will decrease. A lot of the problems with zax kit are that they are designed by people who don't work in the field. Then, on release, they have to implement so many fixes as people who do point out the impracticalities (eg initially not having record button as primary function - which then had to be lobbied for a fix, even though exactly the same issue had arisen with the Nomad).This is more a design issue than a hardware issue, so we have an incomplete implementation of the input 5 and 6, rushed out and not thought through what it would actually be like to use it.
                    Last edited by maceasy; 07-27-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

R. Paterson, can you elaborate on why you sent it back to have channels 5 and 6 checked out? Do they have a mod to increase gain on these? I find that you need a full line level signal from another mixer to use them. Is that normal?

Comment

Inputs 5 and 6 was an additional feature that was added way after release. Maxx originally had only 4 analog inputs. Zaxcom got so many requests to make them mixable inputs that they were added on.

Comment

Hi derek my maxx needs at least +12db extra gain on ch5/6 to match the level of the same signal going into 1-4 line in, have been discussing with howy and he thought something not right so asked for maxx back to check..the +12 db min gain rewuired adds hiss to the channel compared to 1-4 line in, so my machine is being checked by bridgen when it gets there...richard

Comment

Hey Richard, was Bridgin able to improve the gain on inputs 5&6 on your Maxx? Mine is in the shop right now.

Comment

I put -20 dB tone on maxx's main out and plug main out to each line inputs : line inputs 5 & 6 need 10 dB gain to proper match -20 db, line inputs 2 to 4 need 0 dB gain and line input 1 needs +1dB gain.

Comment

Working...
                              X