AES outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AES outputs

Anyone here actually used/hooked up the aes outputs to anything? I am trying to get from a Maxx to a Fusion and have made the proper cable (checked and rechecked the connections and wiring...) but I'm not convinced the AES is actually outputting anything...

Glenn explained to me that the aes outputs simply copy your 4 analog inputs (no routing required)

seems I'm having no luck and thought I'd ask here if anyone has had any success.

-Greg-

I have had the same issue. I made the cable checked the wiring, hooked it up to both a 788T and a 702T and got nothing. Software issue maybe.

-Bob-

Comment

Hi Greg,

Since you are in our area you can make an appointment to stop by and we can check it out for you.

Glenn

Comment

i tried Linked In, i haven't got the time to re-check wiring yet ,the worker who made the cable are my best. All the soldering were done from maxx's manual.

I seem only can get the LEFT signal from AES Linked In. Anyone else had success get both chs on Linked In ??

Comment

Originally posted by Glennzax View Post
          Hi Greg,

Since you are in our area you can make an appointment to stop by and we can check it out for you.

Glenn
          Thanks Glenn, the only problem is that it's busy season right now and I wouldn't be able to come by for at least 2 weeks.
          Ideally I would like to get this set up before then. Is there any way to verify the outputs are "outputting" anything? Like with a volt/ohm meter?

Comment

Yes you should see 3VPP ac with a voltmeter.

Glenn

Comment

Glenn,

I don't know if I have a the right voltmeter to read ac
              I get 1.6ish v DC on the connectors. (usually reads about 1.64)

I brought the cable to Pro Sound and tested it on a Maxx and a Deva V. Cable worked fine. also got 1.64 v DC on the Maxx there.

Which leads me to think somethings wrong with the Fusion - which has preformed fine recently...

Comment

Thanks Howy, I just installed the 1.40 update on my MAXX and now the AES outs work as advertised.

Bob

Comment

I am sorry that we were not aware that the AES outs were only active if the option board was installed. It was not our intention.

Glad it is fixed now.

Glenn

Comment

Thanks. Will do the update this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                    X