MAXX v1.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAXX v1.30

I uploaded Maxx v1.30 to the Files thread.

1.30 Oct 8
    fixed ENG home screen pan for digital inputs (was assigning returns instead of digital inputs)

1.29 Oct 7
    fixed TC not being remembered accurately after a power cycle

1.27 Oct 4
    added "Extra Input Gain" setting in Input Levels screen

1.26 Oct 3
    fixed Vfader meter operation in ENG home screen
    fixed WrDent_0_ERR showing up when renaming folder (was harmless)

Thanks Howy, the extra dB's work a treat & gives more flexibility with ISO recordings.. cheers!
    Last edited by grafpez; 10-11-2013, 02:04 AM.

Comment

I have had two reports of MAXX locking up while continuous mirroring on 1.27 thru 1.30 so everybody who is upgrading keep a spare card around with v1.23 on it just in case.

I am still trying to see if its software related or not.

It is possible it could be a result of using cards that were formatted with versions 1.26 thru 1.29 but that is just a guess.

-howy

Comment

no issues with a 1.30 formatted card.

Comment

I know this is a bit OT, but Howy, any chance you can add the ability to pan digital inputs to the nomad eng screen also? That would help me out a ton.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by howyhowy View Post
            I have had two reports of MAXX locking up while continuous mirroring on 1.27 thru 1.30 so everybody who is upgrading keep a spare card around with v1.23 on it just in case.

I am still trying to see if its software related or not.

It is possible it could be a result of using cards that were formatted with versions 1.26 thru 1.29 but that is just a guess.

-howy
            That seems to be the trick. I didn t format the card. For me it works again.

Thanks

Comment

I upgraded to 1.30 and today the mirroring was ok, then in the middle of a take it ground to a halt. No damage done, when I stopped recording it started mirroring again, but at a snail's pace. I was only recording 2 tracks, which normally mirrors more or less in real time. Could be the card, but will do some tests with a different card.

Comment

My Maxx came with v1.7. Do I have to update the firmware going thru each version (ala mac OS) or can I jump right to 1.30?

Comment

I copied the update on the CF card and verified that it's there with my PC. Maxx says "No file found on card." I tried putting the file in the MARF folder and same response. Maxx won't power down unless I disconnect power. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Well if you tried putting the update in the marf folder there's your problem right there. Read the update instructions and you will find that it is necessary to format the card on your mac/pc and not on the maxx. follow the instructions and you will be fine.

Comment

You can jump up and or down to any version. If you are jumping several version you should do a factory restore.
                      Like maceasy posted you cant update Maxx using a Maxx formatted card - you need to format the card in a PC or Mac first then copy the .BIN file onto the card.

Comment

I just upgraded to 1.30. Today I had an interesting issue. Anytime I would adjust the level or trim on input one or four it would jump over to either input two or threes trim and start adjusting it. Very frustrating. Even after I'd get it to stay on input one if I left it after a few seconds it would switch to two. I'll try posting a video on the Facebook group later.

Comment

What version did you have before?
                          It sounds like your trim knobs are not being read reliably.
                          Mine are working fine.
                          -howy

Comment

Hey Howie,

I was running 1.13 I believe. Are you saying maybe the knobs got damaged? As far as I know nothing has been dropped on the unit.

Comment

Justan, try a reset. I had some hardware issues on one update, which disappeared with a reset. Save your settings first.

Comment

Working...
                              X