CF Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF Adapter

Has anyone got any recommendations for a CF to SD adapter that will fit in the Maxx? I just ordered one and I cannot insert it into the machine.

Those adapters are all type II adapters which means they are thicker than normal CF cards.
    I also don't know if it would be fast enough for the primary recording.
    -howy

Comment

Originally posted by howyhowy View Post
      Those adapters are all type II adapters which means they are thicker than normal CF cards.
      I also don't know if it would be fast enough for the primary recording.
      -howy
      So inclusion, even though your website says you can use a Compact Flash adaptor with SD card, you can't. Classic Zaxcom.

Comment

Originally posted by justanross View Post
        So inclusion, even though your website says you can use a Compact Flash adaptor with SD card, you can't. Classic Zaxcom.
        Any adaptor must be the same size as a TYPE II card. We can not test all adaptors or all media so I will have the SD card with adaptor text taken off the web site. The MAXX was designed to work with CF media.

We will test out adapters and media to come up with a recomended working combination that we can post on our web site.

Glenn

Comment

I bought a TYPE I CF to micro SD adapter that seems to work with Maxx.

This does add an extra step of possible failure, so I would test this adapter in your typical configureation before relying on it for your livelyhood.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Komputerbay MicroSD to CompactFlash Adapter High Speed Micro SD to Compact Flash Type I CF

Price: $15.00
          -howy

Comment

Glenn, I believe you mean Type 1 card.

Comment

Originally posted by pdamski View Post
              Glenn, I believe you mean Type 1 card.

Yes type 1. My bad.

Glenn

Comment

Howy,

Which Micro SD card did you try in the adapter? I tried a SanDisk 32 GB standard card and it would not format in the Maxx.

Peter D.

Comment

Just ordered a Samsung 64GB EVO MICRO SD and the Komputerbay MicroSD to CompactFlash Adapter Howey mentioned. Will give it a test and report back. Always had better luck with SD cards for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X