New Nomad Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nomad Manual

Zaxcom has a new and improved Nomad manual, the manual has been completely re-desigen and re-written.

Check it out:

http://www.zaxcom.com/instruction-manuals

!!! Xox

Comment

Originally posted by soundsgood View Post
      !!! Xox
      Zaxcom is in the process of updating all their manuals. Jan what are your thoughts on the new nomad manual?

Comment

I'm only to page 40 (while I wait for the 2nd QRX unit to update its IFB software), and have delayed reading further until I make adjustments per that page (setting input configuration to accommodate monitoring Zaxnet), but by dang, based upon what I've read so far, I think you've got it.

Particularly like the clickable 'Index of Screen Objects' that will undoubtedly come in handy.

Have some thoughts about the information that's currently available for QRX, ERX and TRX software upgrades that I hope to gather into one place, as I think upgrade instructions should also be gathered. Had to read all the .txt and .pdf pages included with recent QRX software v213 .zip to get a grip on the process and even having succeeded in updating one of the QRX units (both QRX and IFB software) not sure I've got it right since the 2nd QRX unit balks with the QOPT-146.bin upgrade.

Ohm.

To put a fine point on the above-mentioned software update stall, am getting multiple 'Bad Sector Checksum' messages. My concern is that the TRX900's battery will run out before it's gone through enough cycles. What then???

Ohm.

XOXOXO
        Jan

Comment

Jan
          If your software keeps cycling and not updating there is something wrong.
          Check your encryption and make sure it is off. Check the ZaxNet frequencies. Check that group and unit codes match.
          If you are still having problems call me.

Comment

Didn't want to stop the process since this last time through the differential between the left and right-most segments readout on the QRX as it did its thing was only '4' (when it had been 20 early on...), and I'm guessing the right-most number reflects a cumulative bad sector count.

Fast-forward an hour and...

Sweet SUCCESSS!

All is well in Upgrade Land.

Loving the new TRX and Nomad options, by the way.

Jan

Comment

This current manual is completely out of date, and incorrect in so very many ways. It's better than nothing, but only marginally. I tested every hypothesis presented in the manual (because I had to) and discovered that many, if not most of the information in the manual is both outdated or spurious. It's time that Zaxcom consider out-sourcing the manuals to the users. An active Wiki, that was kept up to date and was monitored by the mother ship would be far more useful than the back-dated, incomplete manuals we currently have available.

Comment

What manual are you looking at? And what is incorrect in the manual?

Comment

Working...
                X