Brand new TRX742 Plug-on transmitter, making it's debut at NAB 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new TRX742 Plug-on transmitter, making it's debut at NAB 2012

We've finally got a new plug-on transmitter! The new TRX742 will make it's debut Monday morning at NAB. Check out our product release to learn more: http://www.zaxcom.com/pr-trx742

Full details will be on our website in the upcoming weeks.

Metal or plastic? It looks to have the same battery door at the LT etc series, but seems kind of metallic..? Maybe sections of both? Anyway, looks rad.

Comment

Weight and size same as trx700?

Comment

It is both Metal and Nylon composite. Very solid machined metal. With 2 tone finish. Slightly larger than TRX700 but not noticable.

Glenn

Comment

Hi Glenn/Coleen,
          Does the unit provide 48volt phantom? Couldn't see any reference to it in the press release.
          Cheers,
          Wil

Comment

Battery life?

Comment

Are the different connector cones included in the box when we buy the Tx ?

Comment

From the pre-order page that Trew Audio has, it looks like you get 1 free and then can choose additional ones for $200 each.

Comment

Hi guys,
                  You're right on the above, the unit comes with one cone (your choice) and additional cones are $200 each. There's an analog mono, analog stereo, AES and AES42.
                  It does have phantom power but we haven't determined battery life yet, it should be approx 4 to 5 hours with phantom power on the analog versions.

Comment

Thanks Colleen.
                    Will

Comment

On the wish list:
                      - Usable battery meter. Either my TRX700 MMT and my TRX942's die while battery is still displaying a full "9".
                      -AES42 two channel transmission instead of the one channel limitation of TRX942 in AES42 mode.
                      - Improved noise floor while recording at low level. My 2 TRX942 units show the same problem, kind of "frying pan" background noise when gain is set at "10"or lower.

Thanks

Comment

Updating the software should take care of the low level noise issue. We can goto stereo with AES42 in a future software revision.

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glennzax View Post
                          Updating the software should take care of the low level noise issue.

Glenn
                          Thanks Glenn!
                          Upgraded my TRX942's respectively from 7.30 to 7.30F and from 7.63 to 7.73 and background noise is gone.

Daniel

Comment

Am loving having the ability to 'plant' the TRX742 so I can use my Schoeps mics with its 48V power option. Bought the stereo cone and much look forward to an scenario where it will be used.

Write today since this week is software upgrade week...and...I think I may have goofed by loading v7.30M into it, whereby I lost the 48V power option. Further, the unit is not 'seen' by the RX4900, e.g. the light does not go green on the RX4900 though the signal is 'seen' via the antenna indicators (signal strong in both A and B antennas).

Can you advise?

Deep breaths

Thanks, Zax!

Jan

Comment

Not 100% sure but I believe you can bring it back to life by loading in 803 which is available on this forum. If it was the other way around you wouldn't be so lucky - you would have to have the tx recalibrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X